Whether you need to get it done for medical reasons or you just want that silky-smooth feeling down there, there is no denying that shaving your sack is quite challenging and difficult. However, it is not impossible. You can even buy a shaving kit for beginners if you need to. Just be extra careful once you start shaving down there.
Should You Shave Your Balls
There is no shame in wanting to shave your ball. If you are not averse to manicures and pedicures, as well as in using a back-shaving tool, then you can also consider having a smooth sack a form of self-care.
However, if you are lucky enough to be in a relationship with someone, you already have someone to consult regarding your grooming decision. If your partner does not mind the 70’s porn star look, you can just leave the forest to grow as is. However, if your partner prefers the clean-shaven look and feel, continue reading this article.
Benefits of Shaving Your Balls
So what can you truly gain from your decision to shave your balls? Then here are some fantastic advantages of doing so:
Keeps It Cool Down There
Not having any pubes allows air to circulate better under down. Regardless if you are a boxer or brief man, you will like the airy feeling of having no pubic hair. You will really feel the difference during hot and humid summer days.
Feels Nice and Comfortable
Having no hair to deal with also feels nice and comfortable. There is no itch and you also have a lower risk of dealing with any loose hairs. Also, having a smooth pubic area just feels nice in general. The feel of a fresh pair of underwear on a cleanly shaven pair of balls is amazing.
Makes Your Piece Look Bigger
Your bush is inadvertently making your piece look smaller because it is partially covering the shaft. Now, if you want to make your piece look a lot bigger than before, then you can completely shave the whole surrounding forest to make that lone tree stand tall and proud.
How Does Shaving Your Balls Work
The thing about shaving the balls is that it is not like shaving the other parts of the body. One thing that causes the difference is that the sack has loose skin, making it extremely difficult to get a close shave.
Moreover, the skin is too thin, so even just a nick will cause it to bleed profusely. With that, shaving your balls work by taking extra caution. It is also necessary to prepare all the right tools and gather the required knowledge about proper shaving techniques. It is a big help in shaving the sack without causing any injuries.
Pros and Cons of Shaving your Balls
- Makes male hygiene much easier. It is easier to keep your genitals clean if there are no pesky pubes. You no longer need to scrub so hard to clean your junk properly. It will also end up getting even more cleaned.
- Makes you more confident. Just the thought of having smooth, clean-shaven balls and junk makes you feel a lot better about yourself. In addition, when you do not have pubes to obscure the view, your junk will look larger than before. It is no different than when you feel confident with a bald and bearded look.
- The ladies like it. Women like men who take care of their personal hygiene and nothing says “clean and neat” more than a pair of smooth balls. The untamed jungle look that was popular in pornographic films during the 70s is no longer in style. These days, women like their men clean-shaven down there.
- It makes your junk stink less. Because there are no hairs that trap dirt and sweat, the area below the equator will no longer stink as it did before. This is good news for your partner or spouse who must deal with the smell of your junk. You smell clean by applying quality body spray, but that does not extend to your nether regions.
- Quite time-consuming. Considering the position and shape of the balls, it is undoubtedly the hardest part of the body to shave. Aside from requiring you to prop yourself at awkward angles just so you can get a good view of the terrain, it is also advisable to take your sweet time guiding the blade over the loose skin.
- Overly thin and sensitive skin surrounding the area. Speaking of the loose skin of the scrotes, not only is it thin and easily gets razor burns, but it also takes a long time for even small scratches to close and heal. Also, wounds around that general area tend to be very painful.
Shaving vs Waxing
When it comes to the outcome, waxing can make your balls a whole lot smoother than shaving. You can also expect the hairs to take a lot longer to grow back. However, shaving is still the most popular choice for many because of the following reasons:
Shaving is more convenient than waxing. Aside from having the ability to do it yourself, you also do not need to free up an entire afternoon to get it done. You can usually finish the shaving in just thirty minutes to an hour. With waxing, you must schedule an appointment and then drive down to the waxing salon to get it done.
Pain and Discomfort
Although razor burns on the groin area are very painful, they still do not compare to the pain that you will feel when the waxing attendant pulls the strip off the skin of your balls. It is a sensation that you will never get used to, no matter how often you get this procedure done. This makes doing the shaving on your own better in terms of lessening pain and discomfort than waxing.
Ease of Use
If you will be shaving, you will not need any assistance. From the preparations to the actual shaving process and aftercare – you can do everything by yourself. You can technically wax yourself as well, but it will be a meticulous operation as you will need to prepare the hot wax strips beforehand. Moreover, pulling off the wax strips by yourself will require an enormous amount of willpower.
Tools for Shaving Your Balls
Although the only tool that you need is a sharp safety razor, it does not hurt to have a few more pieces of kit to make the task easier. By having all the necessary tools and supplies for easy shaving, you can decrease the likelihood of you hurting yourself. Some of the tools and products that you can use to shave the balls are:
A good pre-shave lotion does several things. First, it applies a thin layer of lubrication so that the razor can glide smoothly across the skin. Second, it conditions the hairs, making them softer and easier to cut using the razor. Lastly, the lotion will force the hair strands to stand up straight and not clump up together. This can contribute a lot to getting a closer shave.
Although the pre-shave lotion already provides some lubrication, you can still use more, and that is where a good quality shaving gel can help. If you want to avoid painful razor burns and scrapes, you will need to use a shaving gel.
Electric Trimmer or Scissors
Here’s the deal. You do not go straight to the razor when you are shaving your privates, Doing so is a good way to get yourself seriously hurt. You will need to thin out the pubes as much as you can before you can start shaving. A dedicated electric trimmer is preferable as you will need to be extra careful with sharp scissors in that sensitive area.
Post-Shave Soothing Balm
A post-shave soothing balm is also one of those products you should not skip when you plan to shave your balls. A soothing balm will help heal the micro-scratches left behind by the razor, thereby preventing inflammation. It can also prevent ingrown hairs that usually get infected from occurring on your newly smoothened scrote. Moreover, this product works in the same way as men’s leave-in conditioners. It is because it also works in keeping hairs soft, thereby preventing itching.
How to Prep your Balls for Shaving
When it comes to shaving your balls, it is advisable not to go straight to your pubes. The reason is that it is a sure way of causing uncomfortable skin irritations. You need to prepare the area first. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1 – Trim the pubic hairs as short as you can
Trimming will allow them to pass through the safety razor and not jam it. Ideally, you should use a small dedicated electric hair clipper for this job as it has safety guards to prevent injuries. However, in the absence of hair clippers, a small pair of pointy scissors will do.
Step 2 – Take a warm bath or shower
Soaking the coarse pubic hairs in some warm water will soften them up and make them easier to shave. You may also want to use the world’s best shaving soap if necessary.
Step 3 – Splash some cold water on your balls
After showering/bathing, splash a bit of cold water on your balls to tighten the skin. This will make it easier for you to stretch it out later when you are shaving.
Step 4 – Apply pre-shave balm
It makes the pubic hair softer and easier to shave.
Step 5 – Apply shaving gel or cream
Make sure that you work up a good lather to make the razor glide on top of the skin. You can also use a warming dispenser for shaving cream if you have sensitive skin. Alternatively, you will find a bowl for making shaving lather useful. You should use it before applying the product to your skin.
How to Shave Your Balls
Once you have finished with all the prep work for shaving your balls, you can now start with the task at hand.
Step 1 – Position yourself properly
It would be best for you if you can clearly see what you are doing. In that case, it is advisable to prop up one leg onto the top of the toilet seat. Alternatively, you may use a small footstool.
Step 2 – Grab your balls by the base
You stretch out the skin and give you a smooth surface to work with.
Step 3 – Using slow and deliberate strokes, shave all the hairs
This is not the time to rush. Although a sensitive skin razor should have skin guards, you should still be careful when using them.
Step 4 – Once the surface of the balls is smooth, proceed to shave the crevices
Again, be extremely careful. With one hand, hold your balls and move them out of the way. You should then use the other hand to shave the area clean.
How to Care for Your Skin After Shaving Your Balls
Before you admire your smooth-as-eggs balls in the mirror, you need to provide after shave care on them. Here are some steps that you have to take when caring for the skin surrounding it:
Step 1 – Rinse off any remaining shaving gel
Jump back into the shower and completely rinse all the remaining products.
Step 2 – Pat dry using a soft bath towel
You will need to pat them dry instead of rubbing them. It is because rubbing might cause the micro-scratches to get worse.
Step 3 – Keep the skin soothed with an aftershave balm
This product can help soothe any minor razor burns and scratches. Moreover, it can prevent painful ingrown hairs from popping up in a couple of days.
Most Common Problems When Shaving Your Balls
There will be a couple of problems that you might run into while grooming your privates. Some of the most commonly faced problems would be:
- Razor burns. This often happens when you use a razor that is not sharp enough. A razor burn is a rash that grows when the skin gets irritated by a somewhat dull razor scraping over the skin.
- Jammed-up razor. It usually happens if you do not rinse the razor after every couple of passes. You may also experience it if you do not trim the pubic hair before shaving.
- Cuts. Even small cuts on the balls can be very painful because there are so many nerve endings in the area. This is the reason why you should take your time when shaving your balls. There is no need to set a world record time.
- Ingrown hairs. This happens when, after you shave, debris will block the pores above the hair follicles, forcing the hair to grow back into the skin instead of outward. You need to clean the area properly to avoid this. It is the same reason why you should use the best exfoliator for men when you shave your face.
- Itching a couple of days after. Yes, your balls will itch like the dickens a couple of days after you shave them. If you do not make a habit out of shaving your pubic area, then you will need to deal with the itch that comes with the hairs starting to grow back.
Other Options to Remove Pubic Hairs
If you are looking for other ways to clear your balls of unwanted pubic hair, here are your other choices:
These products are usually in the form of creams, and they work by weakening the structure of the hair. Basically, an OTC depilatory dissolves the keratin in the hair, so you can just wipe it away. These products are usually safe to use, but they do contain a lot of ingredients, some of which may cause an allergic reaction, so be extra cautious when planning to use it.
The biggest advantage of professional waxing is that it will take a longer time before your pubic hairs start to grow back. However, there are also downsides – one of which is that you must schedule an entire afternoon for the procedure. It is also a painful procedure.
Laser Hair Removal
If you want your balls to be almost permanently devoid of hair, then laser hair removal is one of your best options. A medical professional will use a high-powered, medical-grade laser to zap and kill the hair follicles in your pubic area. Don’t worry; they don’t harm the other parts of your balls.
One possible downside of this treatment is that it can be quite expensive. The reason is that you will need several sessions to get all the hair follicles. Moreover, some of the hairs will still grow back after a couple of months.
This form of treatment works the same way as laser hair removal. However, instead of lasers, it uses a device called an epilator that emits strong radio waves to kill each individual hair follicle.
A downside to this treatment is that it takes quite a long time as you will need to treat hair follicles one-by-one. In addition, there is a chance that the hairs will still grow back after a couple of months to a year.
Do’s and Don’ts When Shaving Your Balls
- Trim the hairs beforehand. By trimming, you can prevent the razor from getting jammed. It can also make the razor glide over the skin easier.
- Use a pre-shave lotion. It can help condition the hairs, making them softer and easier to shave. Aside from that, it can provide lubrication to make the razor glide smoothly over the skin.
- Use an aftershave soothing lotion. This product can help prevent razor burns, ingrown hairs, and many other skin irritations that might pop up on your skin.
- Do not rush the process. You are shaving a sensitive part of your body, so you need to take your time. Avoid rushing it to prevent yourself from hurting or injuring yourself.
- Do not use your sharp head shaving razor. You should have a dedicated razor for your pubes for obvious hygienic reasons.
FAQ About Shaving Your Balls
What are the benefits of shaving your pubic hair?
There are no proven health benefits to shaving your pubic hair. You can still clean your genital area just fine, even when there are pubic hairs. However, there is no denying that it feels good if you have a neatly shaved pubic area.
Is shaving pubic hair normal for men?
A couple of decades ago, it was unheard of for a man to shave his pubic area. However, times change and things considered normal change as well. These days, men getting manicures and pedicures are the norm, and no one would question their masculinity. If you feel good devoid of pubic hairs, then feel free to shave them off.
Is it okay to put hair removal cream on my testicles?
Yes. Just make sure to use a hair removal cream specifically formulated for the pubic area. The skin of your testicles is much more sensitive than the skin on your legs, so do not ever use leg hair removal cream for your balls. It will not be a pleasant feeling.
What can I do to prevent itchiness from hair growth?
It is normal for your pubic area to itch once the hairs start to grow back, but it will usually subside in a day or two. You can use talcum powder to minimize the itch a bit. If, after a few days, the itching still has not subsided, you should consult your doctor. Your doctor will most likely prescribe an OTC hydro-cortisol ointment or cream.
No matter what reason you have for wanting to shave your balls, remember that you have every right to do so. For one thing, it is your body, so whatever you want goes. Another thing is that no one else gets to see it anyway (other than your significant other).
Although shaving your balls can be quite difficult, and at times risky, you and your scrote will still come out fine in the end. Just make sure to follow the tips mentioned in this article and keep in mind all the knowledge you gathered here.
Shop Shaving Supplies
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on tumblr